GSM means Gender and Sexuality Minorities
Our mission statement :
1. We strive to create safe spaces for GSM and their allies in physical locations throughout the city of Albion.
2. We strive to educate ourselves, our community, and our city about issues relevant to the GSM community and its intersections with race, ethnicity, belief system, national origin, ability, age, and socioeconomic status.
3. We strive to to promote care and respect for our city, our community, our peers, and ourselves.
We strive to accomplish these missions in the following ways:
- Collaborating with local business owners to foster GSM-friendly environments within their establishments.
- Working with the local public schools toward developing accepting organizations for students to discuss issues pertinent to their lives, and
- Partnering with faith-based institutions to mend and strengthen the ties between those organizations and the GSM community.
- Working with our local government to develop policies that support the GSM community and its allies.